Landlords, Clovelly Estates, owned the golf course, situated alongside the Silvermine River in Fish Hoek Valley. This was home to the Clovelly Golf Club. When they went into liquidation, during the Great Depression of the early 1930’s, the members of the Club tried to buy the course from the executors of the insolvent estate. Unfortunately their bid was not successful. The course was bought by Messrs Ackerman and Pevsner and they formed the Clovelly Country Club. Membership was offered to all members of the original Clovelly Golf Club, but the majority of the members decided to move away and purchase their own golf club.